7th World Conference
on Research Integrity
Cape Town, South Africa
30 May – 2 June 2021
Abstract submissions open on 15 July 2020
The preliminary draft conference programme will be available on 15 July 2020
Deadline for abstract submissions & travel grant applications is 15 October 2020
Notifications of acceptance of abstracts & travel grants will be made available on 15 February 2021
This web page will evolve in the coming months as we are able to add information about the programme, pre-conference workshops, etcetera, so do keep visiting this page and also register your contact details so we can add you to our mailing list for important conference alerts.
The following information will be updated as the programme evolves.
Please subscribe to our mailing list for programme and conference updates.
- Conference Theme
- Program at a Glance
- Plenary Speakers
- Preconference Workshops
- Plenary Sessions
- Focus Tracks
- Concurrent Sessions
- Poster Sessions
The overarching theme of the 7th WCRI is Fostering Research Integrity in an Unequal World.
Conference subthemes include current global research integrity discussion areas such as:
- Research Integrity as a driver of research excellence and public trust
- Ethical best practice in authorship, publication and the use of research metrics
- Best practice in detection, investigation, and responding to research misconduct
An additional emerging subtheme included is:
- Ensuring research integrity in the context of the 4th Industrial Revolution (the convergence of the physical, biological, and digital world)
As this conference is in Africa for the first time, some additional subthemes particularly relevant to many African and Low and Middle Income (LMIC) Countries are included:
- Colonial legacies and research integrity: moving forward by building equity into research
- Counteracting plagiarism in multicultural and multilingual contexts
- Institutionalising Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR) education and training, including curriculum development and implementation in low resource settings